16TH AHILA CONGRESS PROGRAMME
16th AHILA Congress Programme
Participate in many exciting sessions, including
- Several accepted peer reviewed papers presenting original research, successful projects and perspectives on a variety of topical issues in health and biomedical information field;
- Plenary sessions;
- Moderated round table discussions on selected conference themes and other key topics.
- Hands-on Workshops to update the knowledge and skills of participants.
In addition, there will be a lively social programmes on the beautiful campus of Ibadan University, a Gala dinner
Keynote speakers include:
- Ms Christine Kanyengo, University Librarian, University of Zambia
- Dr. Abib Olamitoye, CEO, Ibadan Central Hospital and President, Ibadan College of Medicine Alumni Association (ICOMAA) Worldwide
Plenary session speakers include:
- Ibrahima Bob, former AHILA President, British Council, Darkar, Senegal
- Rena Lubker, Associate Professor, Chair, Librarians Without Borders & MLA Representative to AHILA Research and Education Informationist, Medical University of South Carolina Libraries, Charleston, South Carolina
- Marshall Dozier, Former President, EAHIL and Governing Board member,
College Lead for Library Academic Support, Medicine & Veterinary Medicine,
Library and Library Collections, University of Edinburg, Scotland.
- Dr. Abiola Abioye, Associate Professor, Department of Library, Archival and Information Studies, University of Ibadan
- Grace Ajuwon, E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Alison Kinengyere, Head, Sir Albert Cock Medical Library, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
- Biliamin Popoola, Systems and Evidence-based Medicine Librarian, University of Medical Sciences, Ondo City, Ondo,State, Nigeria.
- Ayodele Alonge, Lecturer, Department of Library, Archival and Information Studies, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Masimba Muziringa, Medical Librarian, College of Health Sciences Library, University of Zimbabwe
Facilitators for moderated round table discussions include:
- Professor Maria G.N. Musoke, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) Kyambogo University, Uganda and AHILA Founder member;
- Tandi Lwoga, (Associate Professor), Deputy Rector (Academic, Research and Consultancy) College of Business Education (CBE), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Ms Nancy Kamau – Former AHILA President, Independent Health Information Consultant, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mr Dan Gerendasy, Chief International Programme, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Register now @ https://ahila.org/ahila-2019-registration-form/
Don’t miss this key event in your professional calendar!
An outline programme can be found here (www.ahila.org)
We are very grateful for the generous support from the following:
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Library of Medicine (NLM), USA
- Network of African Medical Librarians (NAML)
- Centre of Excellence in Public Health Herbal Medicine (ACEPHEM)
- Mallory / Safari
16th AHILA Conference Workshops
Date: 14 October, 2019
Venue: University of Ibadan Conference Centre
AHILA Plenary and Abstract Driven Sessions
Date: 15-17 October
Venue: University of Ibadan Conference Center (Otunba Sobunmi Balogun Conference Center)
Register now for the conference workshop @ https://ahila.org/pre-conference-workshop/