Ms Jane Amongi, President 2016- 2018
On October 21, 2016, at the 15th AHILA Congress, the General Assembly elected officers who will lead AHILA from 2016 to 2018.
- President: Ms Jane Amongi, Uganda
- 1st Vice President: Dr. Grace Ajuwon, Nigeria
- 2nd Vice President: Mr. Augustin Dibert, Central African Republic
- Secretary General: Ms. Jesca Karungi, Uganda
- Vice Secretary General: Ms. Selam Berhane, Eritrea
- Treasurer: Ms. Blessing Mawire, South Africa
- Editor: Ms. Chipo Msengezi, South Africa
- Council member: Mr. Charles Marwa, Tanzania
- Council member: Mr. Solomon Suleman, Ghana
- Council member: Mr. Richard Ssenono, Uganda
- Ex-officio - Immediate Past President: Ms. Rehema Chande-Mallya, Tanzania
The members of the Executive Council work to ensure the good management of AHILA. The Executive Council has the mandate to implement the decisions and recommendations of the General Assembly and ensuring that AHILA’s Strategic Plan is implemented. They also are responsible for overseeing AHILA’s resources (financial, human, intellectual and technical) as well as maintaining AHILA’s international reputation.