CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
SMALL GRANTS FOR CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN LIS
Due date: Monday, 14 August, 2017
Objectives of the grant: To enable an early to mid-career library and information science (LIS) professional and an LIS student from an AHILA member country to participate in an upcoming LIS professional event (e.g. meeting or conference) taking place before 31st December 2017
Funds Available: USD1200 each. To be used toward the expenses involved in participating in a professional event. These costs can include travel, accommodation and/or registration fee. NB the award may not be enough to cover all the expenses, therefore the applicant may need to source additional funds from elsewhere.
The applicant must be:
- A Library and Information Science student either in the 3rd year of their undergraduate course or Masters course, who has not attended an international event (e.g. meeting or conference) or workshop before. The student must be doing work, project or research in a health related field.
- A paid up member of AHILA through either individual or institutional membership or a national Library Association (attach proof to application). (Applicants using AHILA membership should include an email from the AHILA Treasurer confirming membership – email@example.com).
- Applicants should be LIS professionals below 35 years of age with five (5) years or less working experience.
- All applicants should be working or studying in a health science information or related field.
The grant is open only to residents of Hinari eligible Sub Saharan African countries. (You are eligible if you belong to a group A or B country – check online)
- Priority will be given to applicants who are going to present an original work or poster. This participation must be verifiable through official event (e.g. meeting or conference) documentation such as applicant name in the program.
- Priority will be given to applications that show leadership potential.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 28 August 2017.
- Application forms are available for downloading at www.ahila.org and also attached to this announcement. Any application which is not on the official form will not be considered.
Application deadline 14 August 2017
Winners notified by 28 August 2017
Submission of report Not later than 8 weeks after the event (meeting or conference)
Please read the full guidelines for submission.
Download the grant application form