CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
TRAVEL GRANT FOR CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN LIS
Deadline: 30 September, 2018, 23:59 (Central African Time)
With generous support from the Norwegian Library Association, Section for Medicine and Health (SMH), AHILA will offer an eligible Library and Information Science professional a travel grant to participate in a relevant conference or meeting.
Funds Available: One (1) grant of $1000 (USD) toward the expenses involved in participating in a professional conference or meeting relevant to the Library and Information Science profession.
These costs can include travel, accommodation and/or registration fees.
Applicant must be:
- A paid up member of AHILA through either individual or institutional membership;
- From health sciences LIS or related field;
- Working in a health sciences library;
- A resident of any African country.
The selection process will give higher priority to applicants with greater involvement in the event (presenter, co-author)
Other selection criteria:
- Clear articulation of the intended learning goals and anticipated outcomes of participating in the event
- Opportunity for applicant to explore new ideas, practices, techniques, inspiration or expertise
- Potential to share learning with other professionals in the field
- An online application form is available at www.ahila.org. Any other application which is not on the official form will not be considered.
- Applicants will have to provide a motivation indicating how attending this conference will add value to their career, their organisation and the user population that they serve.
- Candidates will also need to provide a letter of support from their head of institution expressing permission to attend the conference. Letter to be sent to email@example.com.
- Applications should be submitted by 30 September 2018 23:59. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Accepted abstract for paper or poster presentations should be included in the application.
- An email confirming receipt of application will be sent. to the applicant.
- The judges’ decision is final and the successful applicants will be notified by 20 September 2018.
Information for the successful applicants
- A report of the participation at the event, including photographs must be submitted no later than six weeks after the conference/meeting.
- The grant recipient will be expected to write a newsletter article for AHILA highlighting the experience and sharing lessons..
- A financial report including receipts should be submitted after the event.
- The report will be published on the SMH and AHILA website.
- If the participation grant is not used as agreed the winner is obliged to return the award to AHILA.
Application deadline 30 September 2018
Winners notified by 15 October 2018
Submission of report Not later than 6 weeks after the event (meeting or conference)
Download the Application_Form_AHILA_travel_grant_2018